Chase has increased the signup bonus offer on all three versions of the Southwest personal card:
- Southwest Plus personal card with $69 annual fee – 40,000 points bonus after $1,000 in spend within 3 months; an additional 20,000 bonus points after an additional $12,000 in spend in the first 12 months.
- Southwest Premier personal card with $99 annual fee – 40,000 points bonus after $1,000 in spend within 3 months; an additional 20,000 bonus points after an additional $12,000 in spend in the first 12 months.
- Southwest Priority personal card with $149 annual fee – 40,000 points bonus after $1,000 in spend within 3 months; an additional 20,000 bonus points after an additional $12,000 in spend in the first 12 months.
- Chase 5/24 rule does apply to this card
- Annual fees are not waived the first year
- The Premier personal card earns a 6,000 points anniversary bonus; the Plus earns 3,000 points anniversary bonus; the Priority earns 7,500 anniversary bonus.
- Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card Full Review & F.A.Q’s
- How Much Are Southwest Rapid Rewards Points Worth?
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About The Southwest Companion Pass
The Companion Pass timing on this might work out if these offers are still up in a month, but honestly these aren’t really great offers due to the $12,000 required spend. Most recently, these cards were all at 40,000 points. Back in June, they were at 60,000 on $2,000 spend.
Other signup options include have a friend refer you in which case you’ll get 40,000 points after $1,000 spend, plus your friend will get 10,000 points (just keep in mind the tax implications). Or do the 50,000 in-flight offer after $2,000 spend.
There are two business Southwest cards to consider as well:
- Southwest Premier business card with $99 annual fee – 60,000 points bonus after $3,000 in spend within 3 months. This is the standard offer, so it should last indefinitely.
- Southwest Performance business card with $199 annual fee – 80,000 points bonus after $5,000 in spend within 3 months. This offer is slated to be around at least until 10/16/19.
Best option is probably to wait until October and signup for the Performance card, plus the referral offer or in-flight offer on the personal card. That will get you above the magical 110,00 points needed to earn Southwest Companion Pass.
Just be sure NOT to do the spend on the card until January or close to it: you need to time it so that the statement close which has the signup bonus points closes in January, but you also need to make sure to meet the full spend within 3 months of signup. There’s little room for maneuverability there; or just wait until later and hope these offers are still around.
Many of us are not eligible for any of the Southwest cards at all due to the 5/24 rule, or because you’re a current Southwest cardholder of any version or because you got a bonus within the past 24 months. Check out these Things to Know about Chase Credit Cards before applying.
Hat tip to lenin1991
The post Southwest Cards 60,000 Points Signup Bonus on All Personal Card Versions ($12k Spend Needed) appeared first on Doctor Of Credit.